Curriculum Vitae of Dr. Baba Mishra, Principal I/C
|Born on||16–05–1959 at Ichhapur – Bhawanipatna, District – Kalahandi , Odisha
Father – Late Gopinath Mishra , Mother – Late Madhavi Mishra.
|Qualifications||M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D (History) (Sambalpur University)|
|Field of Specialization||Culture and Archaeology|
|Ph.D Topic||State, Society and Culture of Orissa from 1435 to 1568 A.D, Sambalpur University.|
|Present Designation||Associate Professor in History, Grade - A, Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha.|
|Teaching Experience||33, years|
|Guidance to M.Phil & Ph.D Research||Total No, M.Phil – 18, Ph.D Awarded – 02, Thesis Submitted – 02|
Research Experience and Publication, From 1984 onwards
|1984 - 1988||Ph.D Research.|
|Major Research Projects. Topics :||1. Early Urban Centres of the Tel Valley, Odisha, 2003–2006, UGC, New Delhi.|
|Minor Research Projects||
1. Early Historic Tel Valley from 600 B.C to 600 A.D, 2008‑2009, ICHR,
2. Gudahandi – Dokrichanchada Survey Report( 2016 – 2017), with M.K Meher GCAB , Other Research works. 1989 - Surveyed the socio-Cultural life of the Kond tribe of Kalahandi, district, Orissa,1990 - Conducted Fieldwork to study the Bhairava worship of the tribals of Kalahandi, Orissa.1992-93 - Surveyed and documented the folklores of Sundargarh district, Orissa,1997 – 1999 – Archaeological survey of Kalahandi District, Orissa, Collaborated with P. Mohanty, Deccan College, Pune, 2000 - Joined in the Orissa Research Project of Kiel University, German and surveyed the archaeological sites of Western Orissa along with M. Brandtner, P.Mohanty and P. Yale, during Nove - Dece, 2000. [report published]
|Archaeological Excavation : 2002||
Participated in the Kharligarh Excavation, from 2nd February 2001 to 22 February 2001 under the direction of Prof. Sadasiba Pradhan, Sambalpur University.
2014-2016 Director, Excavation of Budigarh, Madanpur village, M.Rampur, Dist – Kalahandi, Excavation Report submitted to ASI
|Presentation of papers in Conferences / Seminars||State - 11, National -18, International-03|
|Chapters in edited volumes||Foreign: 03, Indian: 11|
|Total No, of Research Papers Published in Peer Reviewed and Referred Journals:||
|Total No Popular Articles (original)||
Published in various Magazines, Souvenir, Newsletters and others on History, Culture, Archaeology and Vedic Psychology. Odia language - 22, English - 20
1. Medieval Orissa and Cult of Jagannath,1995, Navrang, Inderpuri, New Delhi.
2. Early Orissa : Urbanization in Tel Valley, 2011, B.R World of Publication New Delhi.
3. Early Historical Tel Valley, Orissa [From 600 BC to 600 AD] Pub – B.R Publishing Corporation, New Delhi.
|Edited Volumes :||
1. 2009 - Settlement and Urbanization in Ancient Orissa, [Edited with Dr. P.K Dandasena] Pub- N Bhattacharya, Kolkata
2. 2015 - Odisha History and Culture : A New Look.[ In Felicitation of Dr. P.K Dandasena) Pub – B.R Publishing Corporation, New Delhi.
3. History and Society of Odisha ( Proceedings of the 4th Annual session of BISS, Odisha, 2014) (Edited with Dr, Priya Sasidharan) B.R Publishing Corporation, New Delhi. ( In press)
|Compiled||2010-Facets of Orissa History, Culture and Archaeology, Pub- R.N Bhattacharya, Kolkata.|
|Edited Journals & Souvenir||Kalahandi Renaissance, [A multi-disciplinary Research Journal] ISSN – 2250 – 1606, Vol - I , II, III, IV, V, VI,VII,VIII, IX, X, XI, Govt. Autonomous College, Bhawanipatna|
1. Kalajharana [Souvenir] Kalahandi Utsav, 2003, 2005,2006, 2007, 2008,2009, Bhawanipatna, District Council of Culture.
2. Souvenir, 2004, U.G.C sponsored State level Seminar on the Settlement and Urbanization in Early Orissa, Dept, of History, Govt. Autonomous College, Bhawanipatna.
3. Souvenir, 2018, 39th Annual session of OHC & National Seminar, 27th – 28th January 2018, P.G of History, GCAB.
|Membership and Post held in Research and Learned Bodies||
1. Life member, Orissa History Congress, Executive member of O.H.C From 1992 to1995, Vice President during 2003 -2004.
2. Life Member, Indian Archaeological society, New Dehli,
3. Life Member / Executive member , Indian History and Culture Society. New Dehli, from 2000 to 2001.
4. Life member , All India Oriental Conference.(Bhandarkar Oriental Institute, Poona)
5. Life member , Indian Association for Asian and Pacific Studies.[Kolkata)
6. Member, Indian History Congress.(New Delhi)
7. Life member, Kalahandi Lekhaka Kala Parisad, Bhawanipatna.
8. Life member, Bharatiya Itihas Sankalana Samiti, Odisha.
9. Founding & Life Member, Kalahandi Siksa Vikas Parisad, Kalahandi.
10. Life Member, Society of South Asian Archaeology [Sossaa], Deccan College ( Pune)
|Drafted Two Chapters of District Gazetteers, Kalahandi, 2015.( 2nd Edition) (Collaboration with U. S Kar) Chapter – I, Chapter - II|
Assit - Superintendent of W.Hostel - from 1993 -1995
Co-coordinator [Vocational] Archaeology & Museology - From 2003 [continues]
Autonomous Co-ordinator – from 2008 – 2012
Head, P.G Dept of History from 2009 – (Continues)
Vice – President, Student Union – 2014 – 2016.
Convenors of Various Committees, Academic member of Board of Studies of many Autonomous Colleges ( Govt. & Added).